As a highly sought after physician in the Las Vegas Valley, Dr. Steven Harter has spent his career with a personal, down-to-earth, and dignified approach to healthcare.
As a second year medical student he had the privilege of delivering his oldest daughter, after the birth of his daughter he knew he had found his life’s calling. Dr. Harter has a simple philosophy; Birth is a natural, sacred and personal event. As an advocate of natural childbirth, he believes that intervention is necessary only when the safety of the mother and/or infant is endangered. Dr. Harter is also widely known for being the leading provider of VBACs, or Vaginal Births After Cesarean in the Las Vegas community.
Dr. Harter has been married to his very patient wife, Shelly since 1983, and they have three children, Danielle, Devin and Dylan. In his rare, but precious spare time, Dr. Harter enjoys snow and water skiing, scuba diving, boating, and any other activity that involves his family.
Medical Degree from The University of Nevada School of Medicine
- Wright State University
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Mountain View Hospital
- Centennial Hills Hospital
- Summerlin Hospital
- 2003 – Meet The Doctor, 8 News Now
- 2012 – Changing the C-Section Approach, Las Vegas Review Journal
- 2013 – Univision Las Vegas, 3 part mini series: Childbirth
- 2013 – Las Vegas City Life – Trust Birth, Trust Your Body
Centennial Hills Office